A business professional with a long history of service in our community.
Bill Hager is a 20-year resident of House District 89. Before being elected to the House, he served three terms on the Boca Raton City Council.
Bill is the proud father of two daughters who are both recent graduates of The University of Florida. He has a proven track record as a job creator in the community, and knows firsthand what it is like to meet a payroll and balance a budget.
It is with this unique business acumen that Bill Hager has been successful in reducing burdensome regulations on small business owners, cutting taxes and creating an environment friendly to entrepreneurs across the state.
A former math teacher, Bill is a strong proponent for education. He is determined to help ensure that Florida's education system is a top priority, and provides our students with a 21st Century world class education.
Involved Community Servant...
Proudly elected to the Florida House of Representatives in 2010 and served on the following committees:
- Civil Justice Subcommittee- Vice Chair
- Insurance & Banking Subcommittee Vice Chair
- Finance & Tax Subcommittee
- Judiciary Committee
- Select Committee on Claim Bills
- Chairman of the Palm Beach County United Way Fund Raising Committee
- Member of the Board of Directors of the National Conference of Christians and Jews, South Florida
- Member of the Board and past Vice Chairman of the Board, Boca Raton Community Hospital
- Chairman and Trustee of the Greater Boca Raton Chamber of Commerce
- Board Member, and Chairman of the Florida Atlantic University's College of Business Executive Advisory Board
- Chairman of the March of Dimes Walk America Committee.
- Co-chaired major fundraising events for the Boca Raton Community Hospital, the American Cancer Society, the Boca Raton Historical Society, and the American Heart Association.
An Experienced Leader...
- Boca Raton City Council member 2002-2009
- Deputy Mayor
- Community Redevelopment Agency, Chair
- PBC League of Cities, Board Member
- Commissioner of Insurance, State of Iowa
- First Deputy Commissioner of Insurance (IA)
- Assistant Attorney General (IA)
- West Des Moines School Board Member
- Congressional Assistant, U.S. House of Representatives, Washington D.C (previous)
- Citizen of the Year, Boca Raton Elks Club
- Sun Sentinel's Excalibur Award for Business Excellence
A Proven Record of Success...
- Insurance Metrics Corporation, President (2001 to present)
- Attorney at Law
Current Member of the Florida and Iowa Bars. Admitted to practice before the U.S. Supreme Court
- President and Chief Executive Officer of NCCI (1990-1998) Approx 1,000 employees $150 million in annual revenue
- Co-founder of Cenetec, Inc. - A high technology accelerator
- General Counsel to the American Academy of Actuaries, Washington DC (previous)
- Mathematics classroom teacher (previous)
- Juris Doctor, University of Illinois
- Masters of Education, University of Hawaii
- Bachelor of Arts, Mathematics, University of Northern Iowa